Friday 3 February 2017

I Know The Thoughts I Have Towards You!

When we are in ways of personal distress and sorrow, it can be a great comfort to hear a brother or sister say, "I will be thinking about you." Then a mother says to her daughter who is experiencing a particular and secret trial, "You will be in my prayers and thoughts." Or a parent says to a child who will face a lonely way or a way of testing, "I will remember you. I will carry you in my heart and in my thoughts." In those words, "I will be thinking about you," we wish to convey two things. First, our love. To be mindful of another person in his trial and sorrow is the essence of love. Secondly, we express our helplessness. We are saying that the other person is beyond our ability to help. Therefore, although those words are very reassuring, their thoughts cannot actually change anything.

Soaring far above that is the Word of God that we find in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." God says that, moment by moment, He thinks of us; that there is a constant stream of divine thought towards His children in Christ; and that never, for one moment, are we out of those thoughts.

The present state of the earth right now was as the time of Noah when the righteous were mocked, woredom was the order of the day, jungle justice prevalent everywhere and abuse was a constant phenomena. God looked down and was hurt because of the Love raging in His heart. "This wasn't my purpose, this wasn't what I envisioned, envisaged" and "it repented the Lord that He had made man on the earth and it grieved Him at His Heart" Gen 6:6.

God knows your present state and just as the days of Noah, He is always interested bringing things back to place for He is the Creator. Psalm 100:3.

The United States of America is a key example of a Nation that was thrown into great confusion. The past Government implemented certain Laws to enact sodomy even celebrated it with a rainbow colouring the White House. The present ruler (Donald Trump) came in against all standard of political rules and laws, modulus Operandi and vivendi. People concluded even myself that He is a looser, the media even freely published, broadcasts against him. All sort of videos about His past was released even to the extent that false ratings were given about Him but God had a plan and He won to the amazement of all. Within these few days we could all see what he had done using executive orders... We could see America coming to the for front as a light as she has always been why? God has a plan.

We read in Psalm 40:17, "But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me." Still more: God tells us in those words of Jeremiah what His thoughts are. They are thoughts of peace, not evil, a peace flowing from the cross of Calvary. And still more: God tells us that His thoughts are not impotent. They are not only well-meaning and sympathetic, but they are powerful. By His thoughts He will give to us an expected end, the end that He had decreed and promised.

What Should I Know/Do?

Do you live in that comfort? Does it strengthen and cheer you? Does it humble you? Does it lift you up with a holy joy and confidence? Your God thinks on you!

Now this Word of God comes to us today. We are not to live in the false hopes of the world, or the false hopes that we ourselves would devise. Nor are we to despair in ways of trial and loneliness. But we are to find our comfort where alone it can be found. That alone can be God, and in the truth that God thinks about us.

What a profound truth it is. The almighty God thinks upon us from eternity to eternity. Every moment of our being and existence His thoughts of mercy and lovingkindness in Christ are upon us

Lifting Prayers

Dear Lord, With everything, body, soul and Spirit I give You praise, I give You glory, I magnify your righteous name. To you alone be all the glory! Thank you for your thoughts towards me. Lord how comforting to know I am in Your heart, Your Thoughts and Your Plan! Thank You dear Lord. Today give me confidence, lead me to your Truth, teach me your ways, enlarge my focus solely on you dear Lord. Help me to re-discover my purpose and bring me to walk with You constantly in the paths everlasting. Heal the world exposing them to your Truth. Amen!

Twitter@elanfaith

No comments:

Post a Comment