Monday 20 February 2017

God Said, I Will Be With You

No matter what you face in the future, you will never face it alone. Isaiah 43:2 says, “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you” (NLT).

God's promises are real. They are not packed up empty promises but power packed ones. We go through stuffs daily, things we could speak of and things we are not permitted to speak of but living with it for the moment. We feel abandoned, no one could actually understand. Moment by moments, we think backwards, I wish I didn't... I wish I walked away without thinking twice then, why did I listen to His/Her advice? why did I put my heart on the line? why didn't I investigate before investing?... In these moments, we could easily feel abandoned, frustrated and as if God is quiet and not present but He is right there with us in every thoughts, He knows your need so take no Thought of what you've lost for He will restore. Joel 2:22-26

This is the key to courage: There is nothing to fear when you know God is near. On your own you might drown, but God has said in Hebrews 13:5, “I will never abandon you or leave you”. Some of you feel alone right now. You may feel it, but you’re not! You’re not alone. God sees what you’re going through. God cares about what you’re going through. God’s going through that situation with you, and he will help you out if you trust him. Remember, one plus God equals a majority.

Satan will plant all kinds of seeds of doubt and fear in your mind like, “What if you lose your job?” “What if you get sick?” “What if you’re incapacitated?” “What if the economy tanks?” You may face anxiety from other sources as well. What you need to do is remember God promised to never abandon you and to always be with you. You don’t have to know what the future holds because you know who holds the future.

What Should I Know/Do?

So often I have felt I have nowhere to belong. Over and over God tells me, “You belong to Me.”

The very God who created me says, “I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” I have felt as if the rivers of life will sweep me away. God tells me that not only will I pass through them, He will be with me. I have felt I do walk through the fires of life. Our family’s problems escalate. How easy it would be to give in! Yet, God says, “When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned.”

We are quite plainly told there will be times it will feel as if we will be swept away by the torrents of problems in our lives. We are also told that there will be times of fiery trials and we are also told just as plainly that He will be with us when we face these trials.

Today, God gave me words to hold on to. Yes, tragic events happen. It’s called life. But the one who created us and summons us by name openly declares that we are His. He tells us, “Fear not.”

He promises to walk with us through each and every thing that can assault our lives. I encourage you to hold on to Him for He is already holding on to you.

Lifting Prayers

Father God, Thank you for Your amazing promises. You promised redemption. You promise Your presence in every life event we encounter. You call to us and you call us by name. Help us to remember Your words so that we will, indeed, hold on. Amen and amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment